With events, businesses, and workplaces being closed for the past few months it is important not to lose your brand.
Branding yourself and/or your small biz means taking the time to figure out what message you want to send to followers and viewers. What kind of brand do you want to appear as, act like, and everything in between.
After all, your brand is the first impression you make on people from all over the world.
So, here are 5 ways to brand yourself that you can use right now:
#1. Utilize Instagram & Facebook
Branding yourself means allowing your brand to shine through on your social media accounts, especially Instagram and Facebook. In a recently conducted survey, businesses and entrepreneurs showed that they generate over 40% of their business revenue from social platforms.
Some things that you can do to improve your brand on Facebook and Instagram include:
- Choose 1 to 3 areas of expertise, be clear in your Instagram Bio, and post what it is you do, what the value you’re providing to people is, and more information that would be useful to people who come across the page.
- Post consistently, the more consistently you post on social platforms, the more engaged followers and viewers will become.
- Share your story. Nothing resonates with people quite as much as passion and a personal story do. Don’t be afraid to share your ups & downs, mistakes, achievements, and things you’ve learned.
#2. Keep Your Social Platforms Up To Date
When people are viewing your Facebook ‘about’ section, or scrolling through your latest Instagram or Linkedin posts most assume what they are reading is current.
Be sure to keep things like your jobs, volunteer experience, and current achievements up to date across all social platforms so they all read the same and stay cohesive.
#3. Update Your Headshots
Gone are the days of 90’s glamor shots and the black and white face shots. Today, the best headshots are modern, unique, and express your brand in the best way possible.
Sometimes, if your brand suits it there are fun ways to make your headshot more interesting. Some things that would be a great idea to add some spirit, fun, and excitement to your headshots can be as simple as adding things like props, confetti, sparkle, or a fun background.
#4. Update or Create Your Digital Rolodex
Keeping track of your contacts is always a beneficial idea. Whether you have a physical Rolodex you want to transfer to online or you already have a digital Rolodex going, it is always a good idea to stay organized and update your contacts to make sure all your information is current.
PRO TIP: A great app for organizing your Rolodex is ScanBizCards. It is a business card scanner that lets you store your Rolodex on your phone. Not only can you scan traditional business cards, but the app also works with conference badges as well.
#5. Make an Effort To Network Virtually
A huge part of branding yourself is showing up to express and explain that brand to others through networking. In the current climate, the only way we can do that is to network virtually via the internet.
There are so many great benefits to networking:
- It’s low cost but can result in gained revenue if someone refers you to a client via social media.
- It builds lasting relationships you may find useful in the future for collaborations
- It gets your business and your brand’s name out there.
- You get to meet other like-minded people and learn things that may benefit you and your business.
And if you are ever looking for a great networking group, contact me. I can introduce you to my wonderful network of professionals.
So, next time you are considering working on your brand and improving your personal and professional brand, keep these tips and tricks in mind.